Thursday, December 31, 2015

Email Lists & Companies that abuse them

I filled out a form on a website that gave me 15% off my order, as I am sure a lot of people do. You know full well you will be put on their email list, but you say to your “I will just unsubscribe later”. Well, when later comes and you unsubscribe, you find that it will take 7 to 10 days (sometimes more) to be removed from their list. And in the meantime, you start getting MORE emails from them.

Well, I have had enough of this practice from companies! I just sent this email to a company (listed below), and will send the same email to every company that does this to me.

If enough people do this, the companies might stop this (I am not counting on that), but at least they will know what the public thinks about it. them.

Feel free to copy this email and/or post and share it, post it on your blog, post it on your wall, etc. The more this idea gets around, maybe the sooner companies will change their ways.

QUOTE from my email

Your company put me on your mailing list immediately after I put my email address in your form and/or you put me on the list as soon as I made an order. But it will take you 7 – 10 days to remove me from that list.

Because it takes you that long to remove me from your list, I will not be purchasing from you in the future.

I am tired of companies, like yours, that promote the practice of quickly putting people on their mailing list, and then 7 to 10 days (or more) to take them off the list. I have found that most companies that do this, like your company, start sending MORE emails as soon as someone requests to be removed from the mailing list.

I will also be posting a list of the companies on my blog, my Facebook page, my Twitter account and well as telling my friends & family about this practice from every companies that does this. Maybe if your company loses enough business from this, you may change your ways – but I am not counting on it.

COMPANIES THAT DO THIS

Collections Etc - CollectionsEtc@e.collectionsetc.com

Judy
Website

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have a question or request - PLEASE leave your email address so I can respond, THANKS! :)