Monday, October 19, 2026

Quotes & Sayings for Art Journaling and other Creative Projects - Updated October 19, 2026

If you enjoy creating art journal pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, or other creative projects, you know how helpful it can be to find just the right quote or saying to complete your design.

I used to spend so much time searching the internet and flipping through books whenever I needed a quote that captured a particular feeling, theme, or idea. Eventually, I decided there had to be an easier way!

I began collecting quotes and sayings that spoke to me and organizing them all in one place. I also gathered many of the wonderful quotes Marta included in her books and added them to my collection. That way, whenever I needed a little inspiration, I would have a variety of words and phrases ready to choose from.

Organizing My Quotes & Sayings

As my collection grew, I entered the quotes into a database and created Word documents organized by category.

Because I enjoy printing quotes and incorporating them into my journal pages and art projects, I formatted the sayings into tables. This makes them easy to print, cut apart, and arrange on a page. It also makes finding the perfect quote for a particular project much simpler!

How to Print and Organize Your Quotes

If you enjoy using printed quotes in your artwork, here's a simple way to keep them organized and ready whenever inspiration strikes.

  1. Print on ivory or off-white paper. Regular paper works best, rather than cardstock, because it's easier to cut and incorporate into your projects.
  2. Cut the pages into columns. After printing, cut from top to bottom between the columns of quotes.
  3. Store them in page protectors. Place the cut sheets in page protectors and organize them in a binder.
  4. Label each category. Add index labels along the side of the page protectors so you can quickly find the type of quote you're looking for.
  5. Choose your quote and save the rest. Simply remove the quote you want to use, then return the remaining collection to its page protector for another day.

With this system, you'll have an inspiring collection close at hand whenever you're ready to create!

Access the Quotes & Sayings Collection

Some of the quotes I've collected didn't include the original author's name, so attribution information wasn't always available. I originally created this collection for my own personal use, and I don't sell my artwork.

I thought other art journal enthusiasts, scrapbookers, and artists might enjoy having access to these quotes, too, so I'm happy to share the Word documents with you!

Accessing the Quotes & Sayings Collection on Google Drive

The files are available in both Microsoft Word and PDF formats. Click the link for the format you prefer.

  1. Quotes - Microsoft Word format
  2. Quotes - PDF Format

I hope you'll find something in this collection that inspires your next art journal page, scrapbook layout, handmade card, or creative project. Whether you're searching for words of encouragement, a touch of humor, a meaningful sentiment, or a saying that perfectly expresses how you feel, I hope these quotes help spark your creativity.

Sometimes, the right words are just what a project needs to come together!

Happy creating!

Judy

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you have a question or request - PLEASE leave your email address so I can respond, THANKS! :)