I am sharing this because after I found this tip, I have found that my paper piecing is much neater
By: Heidi Borchers for Inspired at Home
There's no need to buy two bottles of glue for different craft projects. Heidi Borchers of Inspired at Home shows us how to create a temporary fine line tip for a glue bottle with little more than tape and scissors. This will allow you to create fine lines as for this paper piecings and other projects.
- First, cut off about ¼” from the tip of the glue bottle nozzle. Next, referring to the diagrams, wrap a 4” long piece of transparent tape around the tip of the nozzle. This tip will give you a finer line of glue than the nozzle and can be disposed of when you are finished using it.
- Align one long edge of tape with top edge of nozzle as shown. Press tape firmly to nozzle to prevent leaks.
- Rotate bottle to wrap tape around tip.
- Continue rotating bottle and wrapping tape until the tape reverses direction and winds back down toward the bottle.
- Press tail of tape to top of bottle for easy removal. If needed, you can cut the top of the tape to desired opening size.
Suggestion & requests for files always welcome.
See you soon!